The 8th IHTMS will give you an excellent opportunity to meet and catch up with the key experts on Temperature Management.
- Dr. Luuk Otterspoor, Chair, cardiologist/intensivist, Catharina Hospital, Eindhoven, the Netherlands
- Dr. Dennis van Veghel, managing director cooperation Catharina Heart Center, Catharina Hospital, Eindhoven, the Netherlands
- Prof. Dr. Nico Pijls, MD, PhD, interventional cardiologist, Catharina Hospital, Eindhoven, the Netherlands
- Prof. Dr. Janneke Horn, neurologist/intensivist, Department of Intensive Care Medicine, Amsterdam University Medical Centers, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
- Prof. Dr. Nardo van der Meer, chief executive of the board of directors, Catharina Hospital, Eindhoven, the Netherlands
- Dr. Bart van Nuenen, neurologist, Catharina Hospital, Eindhoven, the Netherlands
- Prof. Dr. Ignace de Hingh, surgeon, Catharina Hospital, Eindhoven, the Netherlands
- Dr. Hans Crezee, physicist, Department of Radiation Oncology, Cancer Center Amsterdam, Amsterdam UMC, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
International advisory board
- Prof. Dr. Hans Friberg, Past Chair, Lund University, Sweden
- Prof. Dr. Manoj Saxena, Past Chair, Intensive Care Unit, St George Hospital, Sydney, Australia.
- Prof. Dr. Peter Andrews, Past Chair, Centre for Clinical Brain Sciences, The University of Edinburgh, UK
- Prof. Dr. Ken Nagao, Past Chair, Department of Cardiology, Nihon University Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
- Prof. Dr. Dalton Dietrich, Past Chair, Department of Neurosurgery, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miami, USA
- Prof. Dr. David Gaeski, Past Chair, Sidney Kimmel Medical College at Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, USA
- Prof. Dr. Fred Rincon, Past Chair, Department of Neurology, Thomas Jefferson University, Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, Philadelphia, USA.
- Dr. Naomi Hammond, Senior Research Fellow/ Operations Lead, Critical Care Program Intensive Care Clinical Research Manager, Royal North Shore Hospital, Senior Lecturer, Faculty of Medicine, UNSW Sydney Australia.
- Prof. Helen M. Bramlett, PhD Professor, Editor-in-Chief, Neurotrauma Reports Department of Neurological Surgery Director, Undergraduate Neuroscience Program University of Miami Miller School of Medicine Miami, Florida USA
The Symposium will cover every aspect of Temperature Management as medical treatment and provide you an overview of the latest insights on cooling as well as hyperthermia.
Presentations will be delivered by the authors of landmark trials such as Stephen Bernard, Marco Noc, Graham Nichol and Hans Friberg, among many other experts, clinicians as well as basic scientists.
We have organized plenary and parallel sessions in small groups in order to be able to have low-threshold discussions in a in a small and friendly atmosphere.
We encourage scientists to send us abstracts on science related to temperature management. A selections of these abstracts will be presented as e-posters during the congress.
The congress venue is situated in the heart of the light city of Eindhoven and gives you an outstanding chance to visit the city and other beautiful parts of the Netherlands.
We are very much looking forward to meet you in Eindhoven,